Poem For My Wife

We began from "I love you"
Today we say "I do"
The reaffirmation our hearts are true
True to the stary nights it took to woo
True to the promises whispered on the Jos cold breeze
From clattering lips avoiding it's chills
True to you and me

Today we leave the shores of singlehood
Today we sail into the bossom of bliss
Where the glow of your skin compliments the sun
Where our smiles will paint the walls of our heart brilliant white
Where our strength together will keep us from falling
Where your breath smells like the essence of jasmine
Today, without fears, we sail
Co-captains of this same ship
Co-passengers on an adventurous trip
Let's sail away from the present into the future

Today we make this bed on which we would sleep
Your head on my bossom
As our hearts beat in synchrony
Your arms around my shoulders
I will carry you and all your cares
Take my hand and walk with me
Today my bride became complete

My bride and my bride
The mother of my unborn kids
Love of my whole life
May the heavens open its lid
And pour out the good tidings of he who has found a wife

My bride and my pride
Henceforth, let ne cry your tears
You can have my laughter and smiles
Let me bear your pains
You can have my peace and happiness
Let me carry your fears
You can have my courage and strength
Let me have your nothings
You can have my all and my everything
Even in my imperfections
I pledge a fire of love that will never go out
In this race I will hold your hand
Till we go pass the finish line
So my bride and my pride
Take my hand and let's go make that house a home
I love you
Yes I do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

JOY FROM PAIN

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE