APOLOGY OF A POET

I see your beautiful eyes glitter with tears
I see the shades of sadness your heart wears
Yet you put up a face to conceal your face
Like a rose blossom smiling in the sun on a pile of thorns

Now is not the time for "I'm only human"
It is the time to be human
To own up to my flaws
To wear remorse before the mirror of my wrongs

Now is not the time for ego and hubris
It is the time to define what right or wrong is
So I reap off my false garment of perfection
I undo my makeup of righteousness

Every teardrop you shed leaves my heart in shreds
Every second of bitter silence we share awakens the demons in my head
This piece of poetry is purposed to appease the gods I've displeased

(c) #Tee2emm
#40DaysAnd40NightsOfPoetry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

JOY FROM PAIN

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE