Tired of Love Poems

I am
Tired of poems about love
Sickened by love poems.
I have a muse for a different stuff
I don't want to write about the beauty of this world
I'd rather tell how wrong it has gone
And how hard it is to get the things for which we long
Decent life; love; joy; peace; and a home.
Love sounds like an almost beautiful song
Just messed up by a few wrong notes
Like a beautiful adventure
Marred by a few wrong turns.
Love is like love is not love anymore.

I am tired of poems about love
I want to unmask all the hurt behind every smile;
I want to put the "not" in every "I am fine";
I want to show the similarity between love and hate;
To tell the relationship between joy and pain;
To tell how much hate we harbour in our hearts;
Thus open a new page that lays plain humanity's problems.

I am tired of love poems
They sound like a song sang from a cranky voice
That awful sound of noise
I want to tell of the emptiness in every hug;
The shallowness of every heart;
The huge void in every home.
I am so very tired of poems about love
And almost disgusted by love poems.
What is in a poem about love
Or even a love poem
If the don't seek to right 'these' wrongs?

Now you see why, I hope,
Why I am tired of poems about love
And sickened by love poems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

JOY FROM PAIN

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE