A Loner's Vantage

Standing where only I have been
Where thoughts bloom green
Where brisk giant strides lead backwards
And slow gentle strides firmly planted lead forward

I am in this place where no one has ever been
Where I seem the only real being seen
Where my thoughts yell scoldingly in my head
And my tongue is drained of saliva for the many deprived breads

I am standing on this plain where no one has stood
Where actions brew, both bad and good
The same carpenter making caskets and beds
Both with a cushion to lay wearied heads

I am standing where I stand alone
A vast space that is raped of a horizon
As far out as I look
I see only my own self
Like staring into a mirror too large and heavy for a hook
Admiring the wealth and vanity of my pelf.

I am standing where I stand beside no one
Enclosed in a cocoon-like cone
With a reaped out tongue
A grilling soul on a fork with one prong.

I am standing where no one has stood
Where new breeds are a-brood
Where only dreams are real
Where humanity may finally feel
Feel the burn of the fire we are fanning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

JOY FROM PAIN

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE