Broken Resolutions


"I've seen the world in a glance

And it's beautiful
Despite our cruelty...."
The candle went out before the last line
The paper still lies blanketed by dust
Like a few others craving the tickling tip of a pen.

2 years plan to change ground
This is the second of the two
Orientation changed but the ground stayed the same
I guess abortions don't happen to babies alone

Broken ties and pacts
New nylons to fix them back
But they seem to have defied all tact
It seems to have been a year of clumsiness

Promises broken even before they were made
My nephew is yet to get his chess board
My niece is yet to go out for that vanilla ice cream
And Blessing is yet to get a make up for her eluded birthday.
I could as well promise only to fail again.

The year seems to have beaten me to the finish line
She went from January to December
I'm still struggling to leave the cradle of January.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE

FEAR