HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

I did
I do
And I always will.
In all of a rose’s pride
It will never forget the thorns underneath its neck
We know the  mountains we’ve had to surmount
That’s how we know how to bask in our sunrise
We gave up self to establish a team
Our cup of bliss doesn’t seem to have a brim.

I did
I do
And I always will
It has not been a cruise, it is a voyage
Yes, we have sailed through its calm and storms
It is amazing how our uneven fingers fit
It’s like the confluence where fit and unfit meet.

I did
I do
And I always will
It has been a journey blessed with many tomorrows
Though graced by the same sun, yet, each very peculiar
Perfect and precise notes may mess up a song
The accidentals have a weird way of adding to its beauty
This is a dance but the song is solely made for two
This song no one would understand except me and you.

I did
I do
And I always will
We are two wings of the same bird
We both must flap to fly.
It has been a year brightened by your smile
It has been a long fall cushioned by your love
We have flown above dark clouds
Our future is pregnant, without doubts
I did
I do
And I always will do.

I LOVE
YOU
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

JOY FROM PAIN

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE