Work in Progress

I'm not nice with words
So much they say I'm nurd
I don't care what they may say
I'm too straight to be gay
The eggs are laid
Trying now to lay low
Till it's hatch due day.

The clouds are trickling down
Don't believe me? Go check the lawn
Babies are born with beards
While adults labour for a few strands
Who said wisdom is not sold
Deceptive tale told
Go see the boundless wisdom books hold

The curtains have fallen off
The deception now lays exposed
Like a hen's behind as breeze blew
Nothing is again new
If you've looked round lately you will tell its true
Their falasies lay bare before you

My wife has divorced me
She found out about my affair with poetry.
I could very well plead she forgives
But I doubt if she will
Because this infidelity is one without ending.
Poetry is my only felony
You have no right to judge me
Unless you have tasted the beauty of her beauty
Yet, didn't fall for her tasty meals nor her pleasantries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ROAD HOME

JOY FROM PAIN

THE MELANCHOLIC NURSE